ESR1.2 Eduard Garcia Llamas PhD student at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Graduated in Materials Engineering at Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona, he was awarded with a scholarship within the program Erasmus Mundus to perform a Master in Materials Science in France, Germany and Italy. He obtained experience in different research centers around Europe, like OCAS in Belgium, HZB in Germany and ISP in Ukraine. His experience in the industrial world gave him practical skills to apply to the Kestcells project. His motivation, willingness to work hard -thanks to his own convictions in solar energy-; his previously knowledge of quaternary compounds, and its knowledge on synthesis and characterization are added values to enhance the options to overcome problems and bring the project to achieve improvements. Some of these achievements may be improvements in Kesterite as absorber light material by the optimization of the synthesis of the material with the appropriated optoelectronic properties. He thinks that one important aspect of this project is that it provides him the opportunity to meet both PhD students and senior researchers of the solar energy field, which would be an invaluable value in the progress of his research career.
1. R.Caballero, E. Garcia-Llamas, J.M. Merino, M. León, I. Babichuk, V. Dzhagan, V. Strelchuk, M. Valakh, Non-stoichiometry effect and disorder in Cu2ZnSnS4 thin films obtained by flash evaporation: Raman scattering investigation, Acta Materialia, Volume 65, 15 February 2014, Pages 412-417, ISSN 1359-6454, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2013.11.010.
2. R. Caballero, I. Victorov, R. Serna, J.M. Cano-Torres, C. Maffiotte, E. Garcia-Llamas, J.M. Merino, I. Bodnar, M. León. Band-gap engineering of Cu2ZnSn1-xGexS4 single crystals and influence of the surface properties Acta Materialia 2014 vol 79. Pags 181-187 DOI: 10,1016/j.actamat.2014.06.040.
3. R. Caballero, J.M. Cano-Torres , E. Garcia-Llamas,, X. Fontané , A. Pérez-Rodríguez, D. Greiner , C.A. Kaufmann , J.M. Merino, I.Victorove, G.Baraldi , M.Valakh , I.Bodnar ,V. Izquierdo-Roca , M.León, “Towards the growth of Cu2ZnSn1_xGexS4 thin films byasingle-stage process: Effect of substrate temperatura andc omposition”, Solar Energy” Materials and Solar Cells, Volume 139, , Ppp. 1–9 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.solmat.2015.03.004.
4. E. Garcia-Llamas, J. M. Merino, R. Serna, X. Fontané, I. A. Victorov, A. Pérez-Rodríguez, M. León, I. V. Bodnar, V. Izquierdo-Roca, R. Caballero.”Wide band-gap tuning Cu2ZnSn1-xGexS4 single crystals: optical and vibrational properties”.Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells(2015). DOI:10.1016/j.solmat.2015.12.021.
5. E. Garcia-Llamas, M. Guc, I.V. Bodnar, X. Fontané, R. Caballero, J.M. Merino, M. León, V. Izquierdo-Roca.”Multiwavelength excitation Raman scattering of Cu2ZnSn1-xGex(S,Se)4 single crystals for earth abundant photovoltaic applications”.Journal of Alloys and Compounds(2016). DOI:10.1016/j.jallcom.2016.09.035.
1.E. Garcia-Llamas, J.M. Merino, R. Caballero, J.M. Cano-Torres, D. Regesch, J. Sendler, S. Siebentritt, M. León. Synthesis of Cu2ZnSnS4 from different routes by solid state reaction. 4th European Kesterite Workshop. Berlin, Germany, 2014. (Poster).
2. E. Garcia-Llamas, R. Caballero, I. Bodnar, I. Victorov, M. León, J.M. Merino. Optoelectronic and structural study of quaternary chalcogenide. In: Materials National Congress (Congreso Nacional de Materiales). Barcelona, Spain, 2014. (Poster).
3. E. Garcia-Llamas, R. Caballero, I. Victorov, A. Nicorici, I. V. Bodnar, R. Serna, E. Arushanov, M. León and J. M. Merino. Structural and optical characterization of Cu2ZnSn1-xGex(S,Se)4 compounds. MSCMP-7. Chisinau.(Oral Invited)
4. E. Garcia-Llamas, X. Fontané, R. Serna, I. A. Victorov, J. M. Merino, M. Guc, M. Valakh, M. León, A. Pérez-Rodríguez, I. V. Bodnar, V. Izquierdo-Roca, R. Caballero. Wide Band-gap tuning of Cu2ZnSn1-xGex(S,Se)4 solid solutions for photovoltaic multi-junction devices development: a study of their optical, structural and vibrational properties. MRS Spring Meeting. San Francisco.(Oral
5. E.Garcia-Llamas, R. Caballero, I. Bodnar, I. Victorov, G. Gurieva, S. Schorr, M. León, J.M. Merino. Cu2-Zn-IV-VI4 (IV=Ge,Sn; VI=S,Se) quaternary chalcogenide: structural and optoelectronic characterization. In: E-MRS Spring Meeting. Lille, France, 2014. (Poster)
6. E Garcia-Llamas, JM. Merino, Rosalía Serna, I. V. Bodnar, I. A. Viktorov, M.León, R Caballero. Optical and structural study of quaternary chalcogenide. NEXTGEN NANO PV’15. (Oral)
7. R.Caballero, V. Condé, E. Garcia-Llamas, J.M. Merino, M. León. Investigation of SnS thin films prepared by a two-stage process for photovoltaic applications. Nanosmat 2014. Dublin.(Oral)
8.Caballero R; Merino JM; León M and A. Climent-FontElastic backscattering study of Cu2ZnSnS4 thin films for photovoltaic solar cellsIn XXXV Bienal de la Real Sociedad Española de Física. Gijón. 2015. (Oral)
9. Garcia-Llamas E; Merino JM; Gunder R; Neldner K; Sánchez Y; Saucedo E; León M; Schorr S; Caballero RPreliminary efficiencies of Cu2ZnSnS4 thin film solar cells grown by thermal evaporation and thermal treatmentIn 6th European Kesterite Workshop. Newcastle upon Tyme. 2015. (Poster)
10.E. Garcia-Llamas, J.M. Merino, R. Gunder, K. Neldner, A. Steigert, D. Greiner, Y. Sánchez, S. Giraldo,E. Saucedo, R. Klenk, M. León, S. Schorr, R. CaballeroCu2ZnSnS4 thin film solar cells grown by thermal evaporation and post-annealing treatmentIn E-MRS Spring Meeting. Lille. 2016. (Poster)